2- Reminders for Further Study on Our
“Powerful and Free” Series about Women in Leadership
These following “truths” are clearly documented. For more, listen to the ALCC podcast series and order the book or ebook, The New Covenant Role of Women in Leadership at markdrake.org, and decide for yourself.
Please send questions to email@example.com.
These things we know to be true-
1) The carnal tendency of many men to want to rule over women came as a result of the Fall and the resulting Curse.
Gen 3:16- Then he said to the woman, “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.”
This carnal tendency can be seen the writings of powerful men throughout history. Even many of the early church fathers wrote despicable things about women. Sadly, many early “church fathers” blamed Eve for the Fall, the entrance of sin into the world, and the death of Christ.
“Because of you, women we are punished by death…because of you, women, the Son of God had to die.” –Tertullian
But Paul says 8 times in Romans 5 alone, that sin entered the world through Adam’s sin, not Eve’s. Eve was deceived, but Adam knew exactly what he was doing and did it, anyway. Read Romans 5 for yourself to see the truth about sin and the Fall.
2) Christ delivers us from the culture created by Curse and calls us to a different culture motivated by love and acceptance, not gender.
1 Cor 11:11-13- “In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.” NIV
3) Jesus changed everything!
He revealed that God’s heart was not represented by the chauvinistic rules of the First Century male mentality, but in the many ways Jesus loved and cared for women. “Many women” were part of His disciples and supported Him financially. He reached out in love to a Samaritan woman who became the first evangelist in Samaria. Jesus appeared first to women after the Resurrection and told the women to go and tell His men.
4) The culture of Christ’s Kingdom is counter to the world’s culture.
The culture of His Kingdom means that we receive from each other because His life flows through all of us, regardless of gender.
Gal 3:26-29- “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” NIV
5) Regardless of how we interpret verses that “seem” to say women must be silent in church and they are not allowed to teach men (1 Cor. 14:34-35, 1 Tim. 2:12), these things are never referred to as sin. So differing opinions should never divide us. We will be examining those two “difficult” verses in future reminders to see what they actually teach us.
“In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, love.”