ON MARCH 2nd, 2012 THE AUDITORIUM OF ABBOTT LOOP CHURCH COLLAPSED UNDER HEAVY SNOW. THIS SHOCKING EVENT PROPELLED US INTO AN UNEXPECTED BUILDING PROJECT. WE WERE SURPRISED BY THIS, BUT WE KNOW GOD WASN’T AND WE KNOW THAT HIS SOVEREIGN HAND IS TAKING OUR CHURCH FAMILY ON AN EXCITING AND PROSPEROUS JOURNEY. WE CAN SEE HIM ESTABLISHING OUR CHURCH PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY TO CONTINUE IN THIS INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF IMPACTING LIVES FOR CHRIST.
WE BELIEVE THIS IS OUR TIME AS A COMMUNITY TO RALLY TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS BUILDING PROJECT FOR THE LORD THRIVE AND PROSPER!
GREAT THINGS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER!
THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW BUILDING HAS BEEN BROKEN DOWN INTO THREE PHASES IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO BUILD AS EACH AMOUNT OF MONEY IS RAISED. THE FIRST PHASE COMPLETES THE SHELL OF THE BUILDING COMPLETELY SO THAT EVERYTHING AFTER THAT CAN HAPPEN AS MONEY IS DONATED. THIS WAS A SIMPLE WAY TO SET GOALS FOR FUNDRAISING SO THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE FULL AMOUNT NEEDED TO COME IN BEFORE WE BREAK GROUND.
WE ARE EXCITED TO SEE THE NEW WORSHIP CENTER COME TO LIFE!
THE CURRENT DATE TO BREAK GROUND (WEATHER DEPENDING) IS THE WEEK OF MARCH 7TH!
Phases Phase One: $1,434,895
• Design work and engineering approved and in progress
• Electrical, Sprinkler and Fire Alarm design, MOA permitting, Remainder of design costs included in construction phase (includes contingency)
• Site work
• Concrete- foundation and slab
• Exterior walls, roof, insulation and doors
Phase Two: $2.049,850
• Electrical line relocation and new service construction
• Interior walls, sheetrock and paint
• Handrail, trim, interior doors, floor and ceiling finish
• Sprinkler, plumbing and HVAC
• Electrical and Fire Alarm installation, pending final electrical design. (Initial high level budget estimates produced by electrical contractor)
• Platform construction
• Seating installation
• Concrete floor epoxy (if needed)
Phase Three: $1,504,900
• Upper level seating
• Audio, video and theatrical lighting: Design material and installation
• Acoustical wall treatments
• Security system, CCTV
Q: How much insurance money did we get? A: 1.1 million
Q: What did we do with the insurance money? A: Some of the insurance money was used to sustain Abbott Loop. During the collapse as we were relocated for 8 months. Some of it went to expenses to fix the building some we can move back in (example: a new gym roof that cost approx. $275K), and some went into remodeling the space where PNA currently rents.
Q: How much money has been raised so far for the new building? A: $157,721
Q: How much money has been spent in preparation for the new building? A: $86,911 has been spent/committed on plans, specs, construction drawings, permits, etc. in preparation to break ground.
Q: Why does it matter that PNA has a 5 star energy rating? A: Energy savings equals cost savings and with the cost of utilities going up each year, the savings will only increase.