Abbott Loop Statement of Beliefs
- In the inspiration of all Scripture, each and every word; that the Old and New Testaments are the infallible word of God, inerrant in the original writings, and are the supreme authority for faith and life.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We believe in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his atoning death for us, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in his personal return to this earth in power and glory.
- That all have sinned and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through the blood of Christ.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation.
- That a person is justified by faith in Jesus Christ, not by works.
- That the redemptive work of Christ provides healing for the whole person: body, soul, and spirit.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling presence the believer is enabled to live a godly life which manifests the fruit of the Spirit.
- That a person baptized with the Holy Spirit is enabled to speak with new tongues.
- That the gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 Corinthians 12-14, are for the edification of the church today.
- In water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That we remember the Lord’s death in the ordinance of the Lord’s supper. His blood purchased salvation for us. His broken body purchased healing for us.
- In the reality and personality of our enemy, Satan. And as believers in Jesus we have authority over him.
- That the ministries of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher, elder, and deacon are for the equipping and edification of the church today.
- That God is building a glorious church that will fulfill the Great Commission.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal judgment.